The Northern New England Chapter of SWANA (Solid Waste Association of North America) is announcing the availability of a scholarship for current undergraduates, graduate students, or high school seniors who have been accepted into an undergraduate program committed to a degree closely tied to Solid Waste Management, Environmental Science, Engineering or a related field of study.
The award is offered in remembrance of Steve Parker, a founding member of the SWANA Northern New England Chapter and long-term member of International Board of Directors. The scholarship is for $1,000 and is limited to students from Maine, New Hampshire, and Vermont. Applicants do not have to be SWANA members; however, if the applicant has identified a SWANA family member (parent, grand-parent etc.) their application may be submitted for consideration for additional scholarship funding from the International Board of SWANA for up to $5,000.
Please mail completed application to Kevin Roche @ecomaine, 64 Blueberry Road, Portland ME 04102. Completed applications must be returned no later than March 8, 2017. For questions you may contact Kevin Roche or Denise Mungen at 207-523-3100 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
A copy of the application can be found on our website at www.swanachapters.org/nne.
Responsible journalism is hard work!
It is also expensive!
If you enjoy reading The Town Line and the good news we bring you each week, would you consider a donation to help us continue the work we’re doing?
The Town Line is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit private foundation, and all donations are tax deductible under the Internal Revenue Service code.
To help, please visit our online donation page or mail a check payable to The Town Line, PO Box 89, South China, ME 04358. Your contribution is appreciated!
- China planners to visit site of proposed medical marijuana dispensary
- Vassalboro board approves one of two marijuana-related projects
- China transfer station committee asks for travel reimbursement
- China selectmen OK broadband improvement RFP
- Windsor fire truck repairs OK’d by selectmen, new insurance plan
- Vassalboro selectmen tour two town fire stations
- China election results updated
- Fairfield election results from November 3, 2020
- In China, 2 incumbents, newcomer gain selectboard seats
- China TIF committee reviews past, future activities