For Your Health
(NAPSI)—Sometimes, what you don’t know can hurt you. Consider this: Smallpox vaccines were used as far back as the Revolutionary War. This serious disease, which has killed more people than all the wars combined, has been wiped from the Earth by vaccines. It’s a shame that recently the safety of vaccines has been questioned. It’s time people focused on the facts.
Vaccines have long been one of the safest medical treatments. No credible study has proven otherwise. Just like other medicines, vaccines are approved by the FDA. By and large, the rewards of prevention are worth the small risk of any vaccine’s side effects.
Another fact is that vaccines for mature Americans can save lives. When seniors get pneumonia shots, they could lengthen their life expectancy by FOUR years. Flu shots will also protect seniors from a debilitating illness with life-threatening consequences. Vaccinations are generally affordable and they are SAFE.
What To Do
If you have questions about a vaccine, talk to your doctor. They can explain the safety of vaccines and their importance to your health. There are three easy steps you can take to get protected:
1. Find out which vaccines you need. You can go to the RetireSafe website, www.retiresafe.org, and click on the vaccine icon on the left side of the home page. It will take you to a Centers for Disease Control and Prevention site that will ask you questions about you and your life. It will then give you a list of vaccines you may need.
2. Discuss the vaccines on the list with your doctor or health care professional.
3. Get the recommended vaccinations.
That’s it…that’s all you have to do to be healthier and possibly add years to your life.
Responsible journalism is hard work!
It is also expensive!
If you enjoy reading The Town Line and the good news we bring you each week, would you consider a donation to help us continue the work we’re doing?
The Town Line is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit private foundation, and all donations are tax deductible under the Internal Revenue Service code.
To help, please visit our online donation page or mail a check payable to The Town Line, PO Box 89, South China, ME 04358. Your contribution is appreciated!
- FOR YOUR HEALTH: If You’re Feeling Down, You’re Not Alone. It’s That Time of Year
- FOR YOUR HEALTH: A Quick Brush-Up On Children’s Dental Health
- FOR YOUR HEALTH: Protecting your ability to drive safely for as long as possible
- FOR YOUR HEALTH: Cracking the Code to Society’s Most Feared Disease
- FOR YOUR HEALTH: Hollywood Legends Recruit Military Caregiver Champions
- FOR YOUR HEALTH: Healthy Eating and Physical Activity For Life
- FOR YOUR HEALTH: Five Self-Care Tips To Enhance Well-Being
- FOR YOUR HEALTH: How People With Low Vision Can Stay Safe And Independent
- FOR YOUR HEALTH: Is That Video Game A Health Risk? Three Things Parents Should Know
- FOR YOUR HEALTH – Four Books For All Tastes: Romance, Domestic Humor, Wild West Whodunit, In Praise Of Gratitude