The town of China has granted permission to Ken and Maureen Grady, owners of the Cottages at China Lake, to install 23 separate boat slips on their property on China Lake, in China.
The boat slips will be available to the owners of the condominium cottages. The docks are seasonal and will be removed for the winter after the vacation season ends.
The Gradys have spent the past two years renovating the existing cottages which were built in the 1930s and 1940s. The Cottages at China Lake and the Candlewood Inn were a favorite get-away for vacationers during that time. The cottages are all refurbished and offer modern conveniences such as dishwashers and microwave ovens, but retain their original rustic charm.
Of the 23 condominium units on the lake, 14 remain available.
The Gradys have undertaken numerous restoration projects in Maine and Massachusetts, and have brought their considerable experience and expertise to the China Lake cottages.
- China selectmen meeting change due to holiday
- China selectmen prepare warrant for budget committee review
- CHINA: Town manager, selectmen set warrant for town meeting
- China planners to prepare a revised comprehensive plan
- CHINA: Selectmen schedule special meeting for budget workshop
- CHINA: Selectmen’s meeting to be preceded by RLF committee meeting
- CHINA: Varneys withdraw application for commercial gatherings; to explore other options
- VASSALBORO: Groups agree communications are good among agencies
- CHINA: Short agenda leads to variety of discussions
- Vassalboro Selectmen plan ahead; set holiday schedule, and town meeting date for June 4