The Whitefield Elementary School’s National Junior Honor Society will host its 2nd annual Dodgeball Tournament on Friday, March 2, in the gym, beginning at 2:45 p.m. All proceeds from the tourney will help defray medical expenses for Jacob Seigars, a 13-year-old eighth graders who attends Palermo Consolidated School. He is an honor roll student and a multi-sport athlete, who is currently being treated for leukemia at the Barbara Bush Children’s Hospital, in Portland.
Divisions will be grade 2-5 (2:45 – 4 p.m.; grades 6-8 (4 – 6 p.m.; adult and high school (7-9 p.m.)
Students in grades 6-8 can also join the adult bracket for an additional fee if they wish. The adult bracket includes all high school students and adults.
The cost to participate is $5 per person. Suggested spectator donations are $3 for adults and $2 students.
Registrations are accepted in advance or may be made at the door. Concessions will be available.
Also, a three-on-three basketball tournament will be held to benefit Jacob, on Sunday, March 4. Four member teams will also be accepted. Registration is $50 per team.The tournament will be open to middle school, high school and adult teams.
To simplify the registration process, they are now accepting registration donations at the door. Teams must be registered no later than February 25. If you email email@example.com, they will send you a simple registration form that you can complete and email right back. This form will allow them to get you added to the teams list as quickly as possible. There will prizes for teams with more donations raised, most creative uniforms, half court point competition. Each team is guaranteed three 15-minute games. Raffle, bake sale and concessions will also be available.
- PAGES in TIME – Palermo Christian Church: 50-year history
- China Transfer Station coordinator: Volunteers needed for Earth Day cleanup on April 21
- Coming of Age in Waldo County
- It’s Spring; time for Vidalia Onions!
- Two area boys meet “Gronk” at Barbara Bush Hospital
- Start seeds at the Palermo Community Center
- Palermo Food Pantry to reschedule when schools close
- Time change on LD 922 legislative hearing
- Tucker Leonard earns Eagle Scout rank
- Memories of the Mill at Palermo Historical meeting