On Saturday, March 10, from 9:30 – 11:30 a.m,. the Lithgow Public Library will host a multi-farmer CSA Fair. The fair is free and open to the public.
Community Supported Agriculture, also called farm shares, is a great way to buy local, seasonal food directly from a farmer. By pre-paying before the start of the growing season, you support the farmer through the early days and you reap the rewards of the harvest throughout the growing season. You can pick up your CSA box of produce at farmers markets, directly at the farm, or even have them delivered to your home or office. If you are a farmer interested in representing your farm at the fair, please contact Julie Olson, the adult services librarian, at Lithgow Public Library.
Lithgow Library is located at 45 Winthrop Street, in Augusta. For more information, please call the library or visit our website at www.lithgow.lib.me.us.
Responsible journalism is hard work!
It is also expensive!
If you enjoy reading The Town Line and the good news we bring you each week, would you consider a donation to help us continue the work we’re doing?
The Town Line is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit private foundation, and all donations are tax deductible under the Internal Revenue Service code.
To help, please visit our online donation page or mail a check payable to The Town Line, PO Box 89, South China, ME 04358. Your contribution is appreciated!
- St. Michael students lend helping hand during “Day of Caring”
- Pack #603 holds Webelo Resident Camp
- Raingutter Regatta
- EVENT: Recover Out Loud in Maine’s Capital September 30
- Scouting lets you escape the inside
- Mid-Maine Big Brothers Big Sisters receive grant to launch “Bigs with Badges” in Augusta
- St. Michael Parish collecting toothpaste and shampoo to help single mothers
- New Dimension FCU announces scholarship program winners
- Augusta Cub Scouts learn about police forensics
- MaineGeneral Health opens new practice