Hart-to-Hart Farm & Education Center will host its 2nd Annual ShineOnCass Easter Egg Hunt, free to the community on Sunday, March 25, from 2 to 4 pm at 16 Duck Pond Lane in Albion.
Children are asked to bring their own basket to collect hidden eggs on the farm. The event includes special treats and prizes for kids, an animal petting area, face painting, spring crafts, games and a photo opportunity with the Easter Bunny. The egg hunt will start at 2:30 pm for children ages 6 years and younger, followed by a separate hunt for ages 7 to 13. All are encouraged to wear boots and warm clothing to the event.
Hart-to-Hart Farm is a family owned and operated organic dairy farm that offers a variety of educational programs for children, adults and families. Cassidy Charette, an Oakland teen who died in a hayride accident in 2014, was a long-time summer camper there. In 2015, farm owners Linda and Doug Hartkopf and the community helped build Cassidy’s Kitchen — an outdoor, three-season kitchen for educational programs.
Families are asked to bring pet items that will be donated in Cassidy’s memory to the Humane Society Waterville Area, where she was a volunteer. The Humane society has a wish list which includes most needed items: wood pellets for cat/kitty litter, dye free at foods (such as Purina Naturals) and canned food for kittens and cats, paté style, no fish please.
ShineOnCass Egg Hunt is sponsored by Hart-to-Hart Farm, Organic Valley and the ShineOnCass Foundation. For more information, please call 437-2441, email email@example.com or visit www.hart2hartfarm.org.
- Albion book group to hold first meeting; library receives shipment of new books
- New books at Albion Public Library
- Historic presence of alewives in China Lake’s Outlet Stream reconfirmed
- Albion Days activities
- Local residents receive bachelor’s degrees at WPI
- Julia Pershken claims women’s rowing postseason honors
- Lions name speech contest winners
- Lawrence Jr. High student visits State Senate
- It’s Spring; time for Vidalia Onions!
- Free community Easter egg hunt planned