During the winter months, a state-of-the-art snowmaking system and daily grooming all but guarantees the trails will be covered for cross-country skiing. The area offers 12 km (7.5 mi) of trails for all levels of ability with lighting on 2 km of trail for night skiing. Other opportunities for winter outdoor recreation on the Quarry Road Trails include snowshoeing and, when conditions permit, winter fat biking. A full slate of events is already planned for the upcoming busy winter season. Over the past 10 years, the Quarry Road Trails have grown into a multi-use, four-season recreation destination.
Season ski passes are available at discounted pre-season rates through November 30 and can be purchased online at quarryroad.org, the Finance Department at Waterville’s City Hall, or the Alfond Youth Center. Season passes and day passes will also be available 10 a.m. – 4 p.m. daily at the Welcome Center yurt beginning on the area’s projected opening day, Saturday, December 2.
Volunteers are needed to help this winter in the following areas: staffing the Welcome Center, youth ski program, events, and trail maintenance. If interested in learning more about volunteer opportunities, call (207) 446-7356 or email email@example.com.
For more information about the area, programs, and events, call Waterville Parks and Recreation at (207) 680-4744 or visit quarryroad.org.
Responsible journalism is hard work!
It is also expensive!
If you enjoy reading The Town Line and the good news we bring you each week, would you consider a donation to help us continue the work we’re doing?
The Town Line is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit private foundation, and all donations are tax deductible under the Internal Revenue Service code.
To help, please visit our online donation page or mail a check payable to The Town Line, PO Box 89, South China, ME 04358. Your contribution is appreciated!
- Lead drills at football clinic
- Central Maine Motors makes gift to art center
- Cal Ripken baseball opener
- Theresa Gagne celebrates 100th birthday with family
- Putt 4 Cass slated for May 18
- Davis, Nicholson named chairman, vice chairman of Northern Light Inland Hospital board of directors
- Vassalboro, Winslow: Before/After program receives gold recognition
- Fight the Freeze campaign to help local children to stay warm
- The curtain closes on a holiday tradition — but the memories will last forever following final performance after 17 years
- Local trio cited at annual soccer banquet