A self defense class to increase your confidence on Tuesday and Thursday, August 8 and 10, from 6:45 to 9:00 p.m. Participants should be reasonably healthy, wear comfortable, loose clothing, sneakers and no jewelry. Bring sturdy work gloves. Cost is $10 and includes Persuader Keychain. The class is limited to 10. Pre-registration is required by calling 993-6088 or emailing email@example.com.
Free computer classes for those who want to learn computer basics, Windows 10, Excel, and much more on Tuesdays and Thursdays, beginning on Tuesday, August 15 through Thursday, August 31, from 7:30 to 9 p.m. If available, please bring a laptop. Computers and laptops will be available for those who need them. For a detailed Computer Class Outline, go to www.palermo.lib.me.us.
The Palermo Community Library offers Kindles, books, large print books, audio books, Inter-library loan, DVDs, VHS tapes, Wi-Fi, patron computers, printing, faxing, and ancestrylibrary.com! There is also a community room with a large screen TV available for meetings and presentations.
The Palermo Community Library is an all-volunteer library. If you’d like to volunteer, please call 993-6088.
Responsible journalism is hard work!
It is also expensive!
If you enjoy reading The Town Line and the good news we bring you each week, would you consider a donation to help us continue the work we’re doing?
The Town Line is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit private foundation, and all donations are tax deductible under the Internal Revenue Service code.
To help, please visit our online donation page or mail a check payable to The Town Line, PO Box 89, South China, ME 04358. Your contribution is appreciated!
- First time champ
- Palermo scouts meet military medal of honor recipient
- Community garden seeks seed money grant
- Sheriff to speak on scams
- “The Secret” to be unveiled in Palermo
- Palermo Legion holds annual awards ceremony
- Local couple takes trip to Alaska
- Palermo’s Branch Mills Grange hosts annual awards dinner
- COMMUNITY COMMENTARY: Sheepscot Lake Association continues scientific monitoring of water quality
- Groundbreaking for new South China Library