What types of bees are found in Maine? Why are some bee species in decline? What can we do to protect bee populations in Maine? What plants encourage bees in our landscapes? Jennifer Lund, from the Maine Department of Agriculture, will speak on the topic at the monthly series of the Sebasticook Regional Land Trust, on Wednesday, August 9, at 6:30 p.m.
To answer these and many other common questions about bees, Lund’s talk will focus on understanding basic bee biology, nesting requirements, and foraging behavior. Lund is the State Apiculturist with the Maine Department of Agriculture, Conservation, and Forestry. The Apiary program helps prevent the introduction and spread of regulated honey bee diseases, parasites, and undesirable genetic material in resident and migratory honey bee colonies.
Lund’s talk is part of the Sebasticook Regional Land Trust’s monthly speaker series, “Restoring Connections to Place,” featuring a wide variety of conservation topics. The programs are held on the second Wednesday of every month at the café, 93 Main Coffee Shop, located at 93 Main St., Unity. These monthly events are open to the public and a $5 donation is suggested. For more information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 948-3766.
Responsible journalism is hard work!
It is also expensive!
If you enjoy reading The Town Line and the good news we bring you each week, would you consider a donation to help us continue the work we’re doing?
The Town Line is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit private foundation, and all donations are tax deductible under the Internal Revenue Service code.
To help, please visit our online donation page or mail a check payable to The Town Line, PO Box 89, South China, ME 04358. Your contribution is appreciated!
- Group holds fundraisers to help purchase 230 Main St.
- Unity College offers innovative program called hybrid learning
- Unity College receives grant
- Unity College new degree programs to focus on animal health, climate change
- Unity College reinventing how students receive first two years of college
- UNITY: Barn Raisers hold Day of Service
- Unity College 2019 graduates: Be prepared for change
- Travis Mills to deliver Unity College 2019 commencement address
- Unity College professor earns Fulbright Scholarship for brown bear research in Slovenia
- Unity Rotary Club taking fruit orders as fundraiser