The municipalities of Caribou, Vassalboro, Mount Desert, Carrabassett Valley and Cranberry Isles were recognized for producing the highest-quality Annual Reports, during recent judging held at Maine Municipal Association.
MMA’s Annual Report Competition, which has been held for 50 years, recognizes municipalities for producing reports for their citizens that have excellent content, are well organized and visually appealing. More than 240 municipalities entered reports this year.
Judges for MMA rate the reports in five population categories: 5,000 and over; 2,500 to 4,999; 1,000 to 2,499; 500 to 999; and, under 500. Awards are named Supreme (first place), Superior (second place) and Excellence (third place) in each category.
Winning municipalities were notified by letter earlier this month. They will be recognized and the reports will be displayed at MMA’s Annual Convention, Oct. 4-5 at the Augusta Civic Center.
Winners by population category were:
- 5,000 and over: Caribou, Supreme; Freeport, Superior; South Portland, Excellence.
- 2,500 to 4,999: Vassalboro, Supreme; Mapleton, Castle Hill & Chapman, Superior; Rockport, Excellence.
- 1,000 to 2,499: Mount Desert, Supreme; Hope and Newcastle (tie), Superior; Easton and Owls Head (tie), Excellence.
- 500 to 999: Carrabassett Valley, Supreme; Alna, Superior; Southport, Excellence.
Responsible journalism is hard work!
It is also expensive!
If you enjoy reading The Town Line and the good news we bring you each week, would you consider a donation to help us continue the work we’re doing?
The Town Line is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit private foundation, and all donations are tax deductible under the Internal Revenue Service code.
To help, please visit our online donation page or mail a check payable to The Town Line, PO Box 89, South China, ME 04358. Your contribution is appreciated!
- Vassalboro’s Jobs for Maine Graduates (JMG Program) does it again!
- Old items, new one, on selectmen’s agenda
- Rabies clinic benefits food pantry
- Vassalboro revised lease sent to historical society
- COMMUNITY COMMENTARY: Where are all the employees? – “No one wants to work”
- Vassalboro town manager incoming MMA president
- Sew for a Cause
- Law enforcement tops selectmen’s agenda
- School board members continue information sharing
- COMMUNITY COMMENTARY: Kennedy’s observations spot-on correct