Vassalboro voters will make 2018-19 spending decisions and choose budget committee members at their annual town meeting, scheduled for 6:30 p.m. Monday, June 4, at Vassalboro Community School. Local elections and any other written-ballot items will be decided on Tuesday, June 12, with polls open from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. in the town office.
Town Clerk Cathy Coyne announces nomination papers are available Monday, March 5, for the following positions: one three-year term on the board of selectmen (the late Philip Haines’ term, being filled by John Melrose, ends) and one three-year term on the school board (Jolene Clark Gamage’s term ends). Signed nomination papers must be returned to the town office by noon Friday, April 13, for candidates’ names to appear on the June 12 ballot.
- Alewife restoration project to receive grant award
- Vassalboro selectmen change meeting time
- Vassalboro public hearing on budget set for March 22
- Voters approve dissolving AOS #92 by large margin
- VASSALBORO: Committee begins budget process for FY 2018-19
- VASSALBORO: Meeting on dissolving AOS #92 planned for March 6
- VASSALBORO: Naming of school gym for Jim Mitchell left undecided
- Vassalboro selectmen to hear about LED lights; ARI update; department heads for budget discussions
- VASSALBORO: Planners approve two permit applications
- VASSALBORO: Town’s reserve funds likely not affected by stock market fluctuations