Vassalboro voters will make 2018-19 spending decisions and choose budget committee members at their annual town meeting, scheduled for 6:30 p.m. Monday, June 4, at Vassalboro Community School. Local elections and any other written-ballot items will be decided on Tuesday, June 12, with polls open from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. in the town office.
Town Clerk Cathy Coyne announces nomination papers are available Monday, March 5, for the following positions: one three-year term on the board of selectmen (the late Philip Haines’ term, being filled by John Melrose, ends) and one three-year term on the school board (Jolene Clark Gamage’s term ends). Signed nomination papers must be returned to the town office by noon Friday, April 13, for candidates’ names to appear on the June 12 ballot.
- Vassalboro board of appeals gives farm stand go ahead
- Vassalboro auditor happy with town finances, but not the school’s
- Vassalboro board of appeals schedules two meetings; Denico veggie stand, Welch permit
- Vassalboro selectmen appoint Conservation Commission member; award bulk waste contract
- Vegetable stand gets site approval in Vassalboro; still needs shoreland zoning permit
- Vassalboro proposed budget shows 0.90 mil rate increase
- Vassalboro selectmen work to finalize warrant for town meeting
- Vassalboro committee continues work on town budget
- Vassalboro town school officials work to lower school budget
- Vassalboro School board reviews unfinished 2018-19 budget