Vassalboro voters will make 2018-19 spending decisions and choose budget committee members at their annual town meeting, scheduled for 6:30 p.m. Monday, June 4, at Vassalboro Community School. Local elections and any other written-ballot items will be decided on Tuesday, June 12, with polls open from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. in the town office.
Town Clerk Cathy Coyne announces nomination papers are available Monday, March 5, for the following positions: one three-year term on the board of selectmen (the late Philip Haines’ term, being filled by John Melrose, ends) and one three-year term on the school board (Jolene Clark Gamage’s term ends). Signed nomination papers must be returned to the town office by noon Friday, April 13, for candidates’ names to appear on the June 12 ballot.
Responsible journalism is hard work!
It is also expensive!
If you enjoy reading The Town Line and the good news we bring you each week, would you consider a donation to help us continue the work we’re doing?
The Town Line is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit private foundation, and all donations are tax deductible under the Internal Revenue Service code.
To help, please visit our online donation page or mail a check payable to The Town Line, PO Box 89, South China, ME 04358. Your contribution is appreciated!
- Vassalboro selectmen discuss TIF spending for next year
- Vassalboro planners OK replacement of power poles
- Vassalboro selectmen OK RFPs for solar energy project
- Vassalboro board members get first look at proposed 2020-21 budget
- Vassalboro selectmen discuss delinquent personal property taxes
- VASSALBORO: School agrees to cooperate with selectmen on solar power
- Vassalboro selectmen OK request to allow fishway construction
- Maine politics: A conversation with five local legislators
- Vassalboro planning board meeting rescheduled to December 10
- Vassalboro residents seek ways to reduce speed on Rte. 32