Are you feeling the winter blues? Feeling a little cabin fever? Please join the Unity Fire Department on Saturday, March 4, from 6 a.m. – 5 p.m., for the 4th Annual T-Pot Memorial Ice Fishing Derby.
Entry tickets are $10 each. There will be a food and drink concession stand on site at the weigh-in station on Unity public boat landing at Kanockalas Beach where you can get breakfast, lunch, snacks, drinks, as well as a mobile food cart on the ice from 11 a.m – 1 p.m. There will also be a campfire on the beach at the weigh station to get warm if needed.
They will have several door prizes, adult derby prizes, and also a separate kids derby for anyone under 16 years of age. There are over $4,000 in prizes. All children must be accompanied by an adult. Keep in mind that this is a family-oriented event so please be respectful of others.
This family event was created as annual fundraiser for the Unity Fire Department in memory of the late longtime firefighter Blaine “T-Pot” Parsons, who passed away in 2010 from complications from diabetes. “T-Pot” served his community for over 35 years and truly enjoyed the outdoors. You could find him most winter weekends ice fishing on Unity Pond. The Unity Fire Department hosts this annual event in his honor, with proceeds going directly to purchase and equip an all-terrain vehicle that provides wild land fire suppression, rescue in remote places such as snowmobile and ATV accidents, and lost or hurt hunters.
For additional information, contact Captain Blaine Parsons II at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 207-660-3526.
Responsible journalism is hard work!
It is also expensive!
If you enjoy reading The Town Line and the good news we bring you each week, would you consider a donation to help us continue the work we’re doing?
The Town Line is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit private foundation, and all donations are tax deductible under the Internal Revenue Service code.
To help, please visit our online donation page or mail a check payable to The Town Line, PO Box 89, South China, ME 04358. Your contribution is appreciated!
- Leadership luncheon to feature Dr. Khoury
- Shane Savage named CMGC developer of the year
- Unity College faculty earns $35,000 grant to monitor Lake Winnecook water quality using drones
- UNITY: UniTel receives prestigious award
- UNITY NEWS: Bird Walk planned
- Unity scout earns Eagle Scout in China troop
- Unity College students trek to newest U.S. national monument
- Controversy over China Police Department heats up
- Town manager explains proposed police budget for 2021-22
- China selectmen unanimously support CBC program