Alison Linscott, a management major, from Waterville, was one of 25 students to participate in a mock business negotiation for the 2032 Olympics as part of the Lasell College Fall Connected Learning Symposium on December 4, 2019, in Newton, Massachusetts.
Linscott played the role of Judoka Sergiu Toma, an athlete, to represent Dubai, United Arab Emirates, in a mock negotiation for the location of the 2032 Olympics. The negotiation took place over the course of three days, with the second day coinciding with the Connected Learning Symposium. Each student’s team presented their city’s issues, interests, and concerns regarding the negotiation process, according to Assistant Professor Janet Huetteman, who teaches the course on business negotiation at the College’s School of Business.
Throughout the exercise, groups asked questions of the exercise’s mock International Olympic Committee (IOC) and made direct pitches. Huetteman facilitated the three-day process, at the end of which a winner was selected by the mock IOC.
Responsible journalism is hard work!
It is also expensive!
If you enjoy reading The Town Line and the good news we bring you each week, would you consider a donation to help us continue the work we’re doing?
The Town Line is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit private foundation, and all donations are tax deductible under the Internal Revenue Service code.
To help, please visit our online donation page or mail a check payable to The Town Line, PO Box 89, South China, ME 04358. Your contribution is appreciated!
- Youth football in Waterville
- Mid-Maine Chamber presents perfect attendance awards at Albert S. Hall school
- Congratulations to area graduates — Class of 2020
- It’s graduation season for area high schools
- Erskine’s Sarah Jarosz receives MPA principals award
- Michael Oliveira earns fall 2019 dean’s list honors at Roger Williams University
- Local students on dean’s list at Dean College for Fall 2019
- Three local students on Dean College fall 2019 dean’s list
- Black Raiders defeat Purple Panthers
- 2019 Waterville Youth Football grades 3-4