One of Maine’s all-time most beloved, popular, and downright yummy summer events—Winslow’s annual Blueberry Festival—is coming this year on Saturday, August 15, from 8 a.m. to noon, at Winslow Congregational Church, 12 Lithgow Street, Winslow. This year’s festival will be presented as a drive-through, take-out, “Blueberry Fest To-Go” event, with social-distancing protocols observed. Drive-through admission to the festival is FREE.
Over 700 mouth-watering blueberry pies and “all things blueberry” baked goods will be available through convenient drive-through/take-out/to-go service. Blueberry pies may be picked up at the church anytime from 3 to 6 p.m. the previous night (Friday, August 14) or the day of the festival (Saturday the 15th) from 8 a.m. to noon. Attendees may also participate in a 4-Lobster Shore Dinner Raffle in the drive-through, and an auction to be held on the church’s WinslowUCC.org website with a planned start date of Saturday, August 8.
A beloved community favorite since 1972, the Blueberry Festival raises funds to empower the local humanitarian/Christian-service work of Winslow Congregational Church. Celebrating its 192nd birthday this year, the historic church is housed in a building dating from 1796, which has been home to a worshiping congregation since 1828.
Everyone seeking a wonderful opportunity to enjoy the beloved Blueberry Festival in a unique “Blueberry Fest To-Go” way this year is cordially invited to attend. Mark your calendar now!
For more information about the Blueberry Festival, please visit www.WinslowUCC.org.
Responsible journalism is hard work!
It is also expensive!
If you enjoy reading The Town Line and the good news we bring you each week, would you consider a donation to help us continue the work we’re doing?
The Town Line is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit private foundation, and all donations are tax deductible under the Internal Revenue Service code.
To help, please visit our online donation page or mail a check payable to The Town Line, PO Box 89, South China, ME 04358. Your contribution is appreciated!
- Winslow’s Veterans Park in need of volunteers
- Popular Winslow Gospel Reflection Group returns September 14
- Parochial vicar named to Corpus Christi Parish
- Football clinic gets youth outdoors and active
- Winslow football gets youth outside and active
- Winslow Community Cupboard Food Bank seeks donations for much-needed cooler
- It’s graduation season for area high schools
- Local groups observe 76th anniversary of D-Day invasion
- Summer reading program for children & teens coming from Winslow Public Library
- Stocks seminar to be presented at Winslow Library