Enjoy a fabulous lunch and share an entertaining and informative presentation by outdoor enthusiast Zachary Fowler. Zach will share the survival skills he utilized to maintain an 87-day existence in the deep woods of Patagonia, alone, with only a dozen tools and supplies at his disposal. He will share tips and anectdotes, detailing his month’s-long adventure.
Outdoorsman and YouTube Creator Zachary Fowler is a Vermont native who moved to Maine to become a wooden boat builder. Although building classic wooden boats was a passion and a skill, Zach’s real love was always for the outdoors. This would be expressed by his years of providing for his family, occupying an off-grid Yurt -style home, and living a self-sufficient lifestyle.
Fowler’s enthusiasm for the outdoors and strong work ethic was proven when he applied for, participated in and won, History Channel’s challenge show Alone, where he survived for 87 days in Patagonia, eating only 63 fish and 2 birds. After winning the show, Fowler chose to start his own YouTube channel, Fowler’s Makery and Mischief, where he could reach an expanded audience and share his appreciation and knowledge of the great outdoors.
To register for this event please email Cindy@midmainechamber.com or call 873.3315.
Cost for the Leadership Luncheon is $20 per person for members; $25 at the door and for non-members. Lunch is included with the reservation.
Out of concern for the safety of attendees, registration at this indoor event will be limited to a maximum of 50 persons. Tables and seating will also be spaced out, and a plated lunch will be served. Masks are requested to be worn for registration, and until seated; hand sanitizer will be provided.
The Leadership Luncheons are sponsored by Kennebec Savings Bank.
Responsible journalism is hard work!
It is also expensive!
If you enjoy reading The Town Line and the good news we bring you each week, would you consider a donation to help us continue the work we’re doing?
The Town Line is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit private foundation, and all donations are tax deductible under the Internal Revenue Service code.
To help, please visit our online donation page or mail a check payable to The Town Line, PO Box 89, South China, ME 04358. Your contribution is appreciated!
- Waterville StoryWalk to launch on North Street Community Connector Trail: Daniel Finds a Poem
- Mid-Maine Chamber, Alfond Youth & Community Center to continue festival of trees
- Ticonic Gallery and Railroad Square Cinema participate in Freedom & Captivity Project
- Chamber hosts re-vamped Super Raffle dinner
- Mosaic workshop to be held on Sept. 13 for grieving children
- Central Maine youth ballplayers meet the big leaguers
- Taste of Waterville Brew Punch Cards available
- Hospice Summer Bereavement Workshop series to start July 13
- Waterville Farmers Market open
- EVENTS: Amber Lambke to address Leadership Luncheon