Sheepscot Lake Association members were on the water early on July 20 to participate in the Maine Audubon Society 36th annual loon count. This year, six loons were counted on Sheepscot Lake, including a chick with parents. The annual event is one of many programs sponsored by the lake association to safeguard the beautiful lake and gauge its health.
Responsible journalism is hard work!
It is also expensive!
If you enjoy reading The Town Line and the good news we bring you each week, would you consider a donation to help us continue the work we’re doing?
The Town Line is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit private foundation, and all donations are tax deductible under the Internal Revenue Service code.
To help, please visit our online donation page or mail a check payable to The Town Line, PO Box 89, South China, ME 04358. Your contribution is appreciated!
- Sheepscot Lake Association completes another year
- Over two dozen boats in Sheepscot parade
- Sheepscot chorus to perform in Boothbay Harbor
- Sheepscot Lake Association’s first boat parade
- Transformation Project
- Another year of outstanding water quality at Sheepscot
- Volunteers firefighters to hold Picnic in Palermo
- Palermo VFD receives gift from women’s extension group
- Palermo library board’s Christmas in July meeting held
- PHOTO: Courtesy boat inspectors on the job at Sheepscot Lake