Knox-Lincoln Soil & Water Conservation District, in partnership with the USDA-Natural Resources Conservation Service (NRCS) and Somerset County Soil & Water Conservation District (SWCD), is sponsoring a Pond Construction and Maintenance Workshop on Friday, June 4, from 10 a.m. to 12:30 p.m., at the District office at 893 West Street in Rockport.
Constructed ponds can add value to a property – if properly built and maintained! We will review the basics of designing, planning, constructing and maintaining a private pond as well as information on water testing. Joe Dembeck, wildlife biologist and executive director of Somerset County Soil & Water Conservation District. will focus on pond biology and the wildlife associated with ponds in Maine. He will discuss pond habitat features for aquatic and terrestrial wildlife, fish considerations, and nuisance wildlife.
Fee for the workshop is $15 per person ($16 online), which covers the cost of provided materials. For more information or to register, check out our website at https://www.knox-lincoln.org/pond-construction-workshop or call the District office at 596-2040 or email email@example.com. If you already have a pond and would like to stock it with rainbow or brook trout this spring, visit the Trout Stocking Sale page on our website, https://www.knox-lincoln.org/trout-sale.
Responsible journalism is hard work!
It is also expensive!
If you enjoy reading The Town Line and the good news we bring you each week, would you consider a donation to help us continue the work we’re doing?
The Town Line is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit private foundation, and all donations are tax deductible under the Internal Revenue Service code.
To help, please visit our online donation page or mail a check payable to The Town Line, PO Box 89, South China, ME 04358. Your contribution is appreciated!
- Gibbs Library to feature Maine artist Kay Sullivan
- Delightful “All Things Blueberry” Festival promises loads of family fun
- China Community Days set for this weekend
- Vassalboro library animal events planned
- Taste of Waterville Brew Punch Cards available
- 18th annual China Community Days set for Aug. 6-8, 2021
- China to hold WindowDressers workshop this fall
- Vassalboro Historical Society to hold local art contest
- Mid-Maine Chamber golf fundraiser draws many players
- art + gender exhibit to begin August 6, 2021