(NAPSI)—During these challenging times, people are avoiding the supermarket and, instead, stocking up on shelf-stable and frozen foods. Unfortunately, these can often be loaded with preservatives and lack nutrition. Many families also resort to take-out foods that can be high in sodium, hydrogenated fats and refined sugars.
“The best solution is to find healthy, prepared products that can be purchased in bulk at the supermarket, online and delivered to your doorstep,” advises consumer trends expert Merilee Kern.
One of Kern’s personal favorites is Veggies Made Great, which offers easy, family-friendly and delicious veggie-rich meals and snacks such as muffins, frittatas and veggie cakes. They can fill freezers and keep families healthy—even during stressful times.
Vegetables including carrots, zucchini and kale are the first and primary ingredients in any Veggies Made Great item, and all are free of gluten, soy, peanuts and dairy. Available in the freezer section, each is individually wrapped and can be quickly and easily heated in the oven or microwave. It’s an easy and tasty way to have veggie-driven nutrition on the menu every day.
Responsible journalism is hard work!
It is also expensive!
If you enjoy reading The Town Line and the good news we bring you each week, would you consider a donation to help us continue the work we’re doing?
The Town Line is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit private foundation, and all donations are tax deductible under the Internal Revenue Service code.
To help, please visit our online donation page or mail a check payable to The Town Line, PO Box 89, South China, ME 04358. Your contribution is appreciated!
- FOR YOUR HEALTH: Untreated Vision Loss Can Speed Cognitive Decline
- FOR YOUR HEALTH: New Hope for Treating Neurodegenerative Diseases
- FOR YOUR HEALTH: Insulin at 100: How The Discovery Improved Lives
- FOR YOUR HEALTH: Increasing Diversity In Cancer Clinical Trials
- FOR YOUR HEALTH: Dental Sealants Can Cut Kids’ Cavity Risk 80 Percent
- FOR YOUR HEALTH: Time To Return To Regular Screening
- FOR YOUR HEALTH: Finding Health Insurance Coverage Pre-Retirement
- FOR YOUR HEALTH: A Light For Those Still In The Dark
- FOR YOUR HEALTH: Tips to help you stay active and become a healthier you
- FOR YOUR HEALTH: A Safe Way to Return to Play