An anonymous friend has given a generous donation to the South China Community Church to purchase food for a Thanksgiving dinner. Church volunteers will prepare and serve the free home cooked meal of turkey and all the “fixins” for as many as 100 people at noon on Wednesday, November 23. Take-out dinners will be available by calling 445-4111 on that day.
All are welcome, and we especially invite those who are in need, alone or unable to cook for themselves. If you know of a needy family, please ask them to join us too. And, to those of you who have enjoyed our turkey pie suppers this year, we hope to see you so that we can thank you for your friendship and support with a free meal.
We look forward to seeing each of you for this special holiday meal.
The South China Community Church, a multi-denominational congregation, is located at 246 Village Street.
Responsible journalism is hard work!
It is also expensive!
If you enjoy reading The Town Line and the good news we bring you each week, would you consider a donation to help us continue the work we’re doing?
The Town Line is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit private foundation, and all donations are tax deductible under the Internal Revenue Service code.
To help, please visit our online donation page or mail a check payable to The Town Line, PO Box 89, South China, ME 04358. Your contribution is appreciated!
- “Grace is a gift from God” – Grace Academy is a gift from Norm Elvin
- China News: Police report: traffic on Main St. too fast
- Bar Harbor Bank and Trust completes 28th annual community food drive
- BHBT to hold open house at So. China branch
- Area students earn dean’s list at University of Maine
- Area students on Husson University’s presidents list
- Controversy over China Police Department heats up
- Town manager explains proposed police budget for 2021-22
- China selectmen unanimously support CBC program
- VASSALBORO: Two solar farm requests to fill June planners’ agenda