by Debbie Walker
I guess by now you know that I will read most anything. I’m just curious about your interests (oops, you are reading this column!) It was said of a friend of mine that she would read toilet paper if it had words on it.
I do enjoy reading a lot of different subjects and tonight it has been ads for T-shirts with different sayings on them. So… the T-shirt sayings are pretty funny. The following ones came from a catalog called “Things You Never Knew”:
• I may have the right to remain silent… but I don’t have the ability.
• I try to take one day at a time but sometimes several days attack me all at once!
• Not sure if I washed the spider down the drain in my shower or if he took one look at me naked and then leaped willingly to his death!
• People who Tolerate me on a daily basis…they are the real heroes! (Yup Ken is my hero)
• Don’t let my motorcycle ride interfere with the safety of your phone call! (Please be careful about motorcycles)
• Don’t follow in my footsteps…I think I stepped in something!
• I should be ashamed of my behavior, let’s be clear here I’m not but I should be. (I have too much fun!)
• You know that little voice inside your head that keeps you from saying things you shouldn’t? I should probably get one of those.
• Let’s stop sending money to other countries and let them hate us for free!
• I don’t do drugs and I don’t drink, at my age I can get the same effect by standing too fast!
• People should seriously stop expecting normal from me … we all know it’s never gonna happen! (I do think most of my friends and family have stopped expecting normal from me!)
• When is this “Old Enough to Know Better” supposed to kick in?
• Why is it I can remember the lyrics to my favorite song in high school 20 years later, BUT I can’t remember why I came to the kitchen? (that’s a daily happening thing around here.)
• IF you don’t have to give up your car because others drive drunk with theirs … Then why do you have to give up your gun because others commit crimes with theirs?
• Note to self…Wearing headphones doesn’t make my farts silent!!
• Have you hugged an idiot today? Me neither, come here.
• Respect Your Elders; they graduated school without the internet!
• I just did a week’s worth of Cardio after walking into a spider web!
• I thought growing old would take longer!
• I plan on living forever, so far so good!
• Give me one good reason to act my age!
• Common sense, so rare it’s kind of a superpower.
• Prayer is the best way to meet the Lord BUT messing with my daughter is faster!
There are so many more sayings, and this is just three pages of them! I hope they gave you a giggle or two or three. I’m just curious what your favorite would be! So… contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org sub: T-shirts.
Once again, thank you for reading.
Responsible journalism is hard work!
It is also expensive!
If you enjoy reading The Town Line and the good news we bring you each week, would you consider a donation to help us continue the work we’re doing?
The Town Line is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit private foundation, and all donations are tax deductible under the Internal Revenue Service code.
To help, please visit our online donation page or mail a check payable to The Town Line, PO Box 89, South China, ME 04358. Your contribution is appreciated!
- I’m Just Curious: Would you be interested?
- I’m Just Curious: Sorry, Christmas is coming!
- I’m Just Curious: Marriage history
- I’m Just Curious: A collection of thoughts
- I’m Just Curious: Wedding Boxes, etc.
- I’m Just Curious: Learning a little about Halloween past
- I’m Just Curious: The Tree of Life
- I’m Just Curious: Fall thoughts
- I’m Just Curious: Southern superstitions
- I’m Just Curious: Who is more superstitious?