The Jefferson Area Community Food Pantry recently provided food assistance at St Giles Episcopal Church.
The food was purchased from Good Shepherd Food Bank, in Auburn. Donations of fresh garden produce was received from DRA CSA Food Bank Farm, Cindy Bea and County Fair Farm. Bread was given by the USDA.
Volunteers and donations are appreciated. Volunteers may call Richard St Amand at 530-3769. Anyone wishing to make a monetary donation may send a check made out to St Giles Church with JACFP written in the memo area, PO Box 34, Jefferson, ME 04348
The annual meeting is Monday, August 22, at 9:30 a.m., and is open to all with a potluck breakfast at St Giles Episcopal Church.
Distribution days are the second and fourth Wednesdays of the month, 4 – 5:30 p.m., at St Giles, 72 Gardiner Road, Jefferson.
For more information please call 315-1134.
Responsible journalism is hard work!
It is also expensive!
If you enjoy reading The Town Line and the good news we bring you each week, would you consider a donation to help us continue the work we’re doing?
The Town Line is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit private foundation, and all donations are tax deductible under the Internal Revenue Service code.
To help, please visit our online donation page or mail a check payable to The Town Line, PO Box 89, South China, ME 04358. Your contribution is appreciated!
- Letters to the editor, Week of December 15, 2016
- Area students on Husson University’s presidents list
- Controversy over China Police Department heats up
- Town manager explains proposed police budget for 2021-22
- China selectmen unanimously support CBC program
- VASSALBORO: Two solar farm requests to fill June planners’ agenda
- VASSALBORO: No comments during marijuana ordinance hearing
- China Recreation Committee sets rules for field uses
- China road committee discusses paving plans
- China planners postpone request for solar permit extension