To the editor:
I read Gary Kennedy’s Veterans Corner in the August 13, 2020, issue of The Town Line, and I am still not clear on veterans’ disillusionment and confusion with a VA shutdown. Rather, I now have a good idea of Mr. Kennedy’s political and social views. If Mr. Kennedy wishes to express an opinion he should do so in an editorial rather than in a column that purports to be a source of news and information for veterans. I would also suggest that someone find a dictionary and check out the difference between “dissolution” and “disillusion”.
Responsible journalism is hard work!
It is also expensive!
If you enjoy reading The Town Line and the good news we bring you each week, would you consider a donation to help us continue the work we’re doing?
The Town Line is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit private foundation, and all donations are tax deductible under the Internal Revenue Service code.
To help, please visit our online donation page or mail a check payable to The Town Line, PO Box 89, South China, ME 04358. Your contribution is appreciated!
- LETTERS: Local prostate cancer support group
- LETTERS: Gideon family tax lien scandal is serious
- LETTERS: Rejection is correct
- LETTERS: Politics before science?
- LETTERS: Maine roots run deep
- LETTERS: Thanks to The Town Line
- LETTERS: Living in peace, happiness
- LETTERS: A tradition ends
- LETTERS: Never give up
- LETTERS: It shouldn’t take a pandemic to underscore need for high speed internet