To the editor:
I have watched hundreds of thousand of political ads, which must have cost millions and millions of dollars, to get me to vote for the best U.S. Senate candidate. They all tell you why to vote for them or why not to vote for their opponent. I cannot understand or really know the truth because I can only take their word for it. The one way I can understand is by knowing where they both grew up. So, I Googled both Susan and Sara on the internet to find out.
Susan grew up in Caribou, Maine, with deep Maine roots. Sara grew up in East Greenwich, which is the wealthiest municipality within the state of Rhode Island, and she has no Maine roots.
Unfortunately, like Hillary Clinton did in New York, you can move to a state with enough campaign financing and win an election. I am also a Mainer with deep roots, and I will be voting for a Mainer, Senator Susan Collins this November.
Responsible journalism is hard work!
It is also expensive!
If you enjoy reading The Town Line and the good news we bring you each week, would you consider a donation to help us continue the work we’re doing?
The Town Line is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit private foundation, and all donations are tax deductible under the Internal Revenue Service code.
To help, please visit our online donation page or mail a check payable to The Town Line, PO Box 89, South China, ME 04358. Your contribution is appreciated!
- LETTERS: Local prostate cancer support group
- LETTERS: Gideon family tax lien scandal is serious
- LETTERS: Rejection is correct
- LETTERS: Column not clear
- LETTERS: Politics before science?
- LETTERS: Thanks to The Town Line
- LETTERS: Living in peace, happiness
- LETTERS: A tradition ends
- LETTERS: Never give up
- LETTERS: It shouldn’t take a pandemic to underscore need for high speed internet