On Sunday, October 1, six area woman from GeVolution Fitness, of Augusta, will be traveling to Norwalk, Connecticut, to compete in the annual Battle of the Belles #8, at Punch Gym, to honor breast cancer awareness month. This is a all woman Strongman competition with partial proceeds going to the Bennett Cancer Center in, Stanford, Connecticut.
Alysia Farrington, of China, Lori Rioux, of Winthrop, and Grace Parker, will be competing in the masters division; Helainia Lake, of Augusta, will be competing in the light weight open; Nancy Danforth, of Gardiner, and Caitlin McGouldrick, of Augusta, will both be competing in the heavyweight novice division.
Implements competing with will be axel clean and press for reps, axel deadlift for reps, farmers carry for 100 feet, yolk walk with keg carry, and Atlas stone to shoulder.
Responsible journalism is hard work!
It is also expensive!
If you enjoy reading The Town Line and the good news we bring you each week, would you consider a donation to help us continue the work we’re doing?
The Town Line is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit private foundation, and all donations are tax deductible under the Internal Revenue Service code.
To help, please visit our online donation page or mail a check payable to The Town Line, PO Box 89, South China, ME 04358. Your contribution is appreciated!
- PHOTO: Waterville tennis team captures northern Maine title
- Youngest female to achieve black belt at Huard’s Martial Arts Dojo
- Lawrence H.S. graduates presented PAL Football award of excellence
- PHOTO: Waiting for the change
- PHOTO: Four event winner
- Let Them Play Rally on Labor Day
- PHOTO: Taking the hand off
- Football clinic gets youth outdoors and active
- Showing of force
- Sumo wrestling champion 2019