The Madison American Legion Auxiliary, Unit #39 supports community programs such as children and youth. Each year the members of the auxiliary donate school backpacks filled with school supplies and distributes them to four local schools in Madison and Anson area. This year they donated a total of 20 school backpacks.
American Legion Auxiliary members have dedicated themselves for nearly a century to meeting the needs of our nation’s veterans, military and their families both here and abroad. They volunteer millions of hours yearly, with a value of nearly $2 billion. As part of the world’s largest women’s patriotic service organization, auxiliary volunteers across the country also step up to honor veterans and military through annual scholarships and with ALA Girls State programs, teaching high school juniors to be leaders grounded in patriotism and Americanism. To learn more about the auxiliary’s mission or to volunteer, donate or join, visit www.ALAforVeterans.org or contact: Robin Turek, president – American Legion Auxiliary Tardiff-Belanger Unit #39, PO Box 325, Madison, ME – firstname.lastname@example.org – 696-8289.
Responsible journalism is hard work!
It is also expensive!
If you enjoy reading The Town Line and the good news we bring you each week, would you consider a donation to help us continue the work we’re doing?
The Town Line is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit private foundation, and all donations are tax deductible under the Internal Revenue Service code.
To help, please visit our online donation page or mail a check payable to The Town Line, PO Box 89, South China, ME 04358. Your contribution is appreciated!
- 2020 Memorial Day parade canceled; other activities still planned
- Soucy honored for 75 years service
- American Legion celebrates 101 years
- Sumo wrestling champion 2019
- Madison legion celebrates 100 years
- Memorial Day parades 2019
- Cub Scout Pack #482 raising funds for Boston Children’s Museum trip
- Quarter auction planned in Madison
- Madison-Anson Days 2017 – Program of Events
- Zumba-thon for veterans a success