The Palermo Community Garden is going for a SeedMoney FlashFund Challenge Grant. They are looking to revamp and raise some of the cedar log garden beds to provide comfortable seating for seniors and the disabled, so they can enjoy the organic veggie beds, the friendly hummingbirds, and getting their hands in the soil. They also want to purchase roll-around garden seats with toll racks, to save wear and tear on knees.
The Palermo Community Garden provides over 450 pounds a season of extremely fresh salad greens, vegetables, herbs and fruit to the Palermo Food Pantry. Any volunteers can pick whatever their family needs from the garden from asparagus to zinnias.
The goal is to raise $600 before December 15. You can help. Just go to https://donate.seedmoney.org/3621/palermo-community-garden, and push the orange DONATE button. There is already over $200 in the kitty, so any amount of your generosity will be hugely appreciated.
For more information, contact Connie Bellet at 993-2294 or email@example.com.
Responsible journalism is hard work!
It is also expensive!
If you enjoy reading The Town Line and the good news we bring you each week, would you consider a donation to help us continue the work we’re doing?
The Town Line is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit private foundation, and all donations are tax deductible under the Internal Revenue Service code.
To help, please visit our online donation page or mail a check payable to The Town Line, PO Box 89, South China, ME 04358. Your contribution is appreciated!
- Karen Hatch: Queen of the Swap Shop
- 2019 State champion
- Sheepscot chorus to perform in Boothbay Harbor
- Whitefield Lions announce peace poster contest winners
- Palermo legion to hold annual craft fair
- Palermo resident presented with Quilt of Valor
- Float winners at 2019 Palermo Days parade
- Palermo Christian Church: there’s a new pastor in town
- Bike Maine Needs Volunteers Sept. 8
- “Humanity Insanity” unleashed at Community Center