In observance of the 10th anniversary of the creation of Corpus Christi Parish, which consists of the com-munities of Fairfield, Oakland, Vassalboro, Waterville and Winslow, a Family Fun Day was held on September 17, at St. John Regional Catholic School, in Winslow. Nearly 400 parishioners and friends attended the all-free outing. Also, the previous day, according to pastor Rev. Dan Baillargeon, over 35,000 pounds of e-waste was collected at Notre Dame Church, in Waterville, raising approximately $1,600 for the Catholic Charities fight against poverty in Maine.
Photo by Roland D. Hallee
Responsible journalism is hard work!
It is also expensive!
If you enjoy reading The Town Line and the good news we bring you each week, would you consider a donation to help us continue the work we’re doing?
The Town Line is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit private foundation, and all donations are tax deductible under the Internal Revenue Service code.
To help, please visit our online donation page or mail a check payable to The Town Line, PO Box 89, South China, ME 04358. Your contribution is appreciated!
- Vassalboro Fire Department receives canned drinking water for wildfire response
- Vassalboro celebrates 250 years as a town
- EVENT: Recover Out Loud in Maine’s Capital September 30
- Another year of outstanding water quality at Sheepscot
- It’s the time of year for good ol’ fashioned coon pailing
- Chamber hosts re-vamped Super Raffle dinner
- Kringleville volunteers
- Just Our Jams raises money for local food pantry
- EVENTS: Windsor Veterans Memorial to be dedicated on Saturday, September 11, 2021
- See the yellow shirts? Please stop and give a donation