This position requires experience in grant writing, and membership development and/or volunteer recruitment and supervision. In addition the curator will:
- be responsible for accessioning, storing and displaying of Museum holdings, including documents, photographs, books & three dimensional objects.
- Provide advice to Building and Grounds Director regarding storage and display needs.
- Carry out research requested by individuals who contact the museum.
- Using Past Perfect museum software, enter description and photos (if available) of all accessioned items and backup software regularly.
- Direct volunteers in a variety of tasks including cleaning, accessioning, etc.
- Work with the President and the Board of Directors to continue maintenance and development of the Society and its programs
If you are interested please contact Jan Clowes, VHS President by e-mail at email@example.com or by leaving a message at the museum at 207-923-3505.
Responsible journalism is hard work!
It is also expensive!
If you enjoy reading The Town Line and the good news we bring you each week, would you consider a donation to help us continue the work we’re doing?
The Town Line is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit private foundation, and all donations are tax deductible under the Internal Revenue Service code.
To help, please visit our online donation page or mail a check payable to The Town Line, PO Box 89, South China, ME 04358. Your contribution is appreciated!
- Vassalboro awarded safety enhancement grant
- Vassalboro selectmen cancel May 28, 2020 meeting
- Vassalboro school board approves tentative plans for rest of year
- VASSALBORO: Open town meeting planned for June 22
- Local municipal offices set to re-open
- Vassalboro planners study solar power application
- Vassalboro selectmen approve power purchase agreement
- Vassalboro solar projects on planning agenda
- Vassalboro school board joins town to buy out-of-town solar power
- Solar energy, Vassalboro transfer station fixes top agenda