Knox-Lincoln Soil & Water Conservation District is offering a hands-on workshop to teach pruning apple trees on Friday, March 19, from 9 a.m. to noon, and Saturday, March 20, from 9 a.m. – noon, at MacDougal Park, in Rockland. The same information will be covered on both days; you only need to attend one workshop.
Cheryl Denz, owner and operator of Terra Optima Farm and Landscaping, in Appleton, will teach pruning techniques needed to keep your trees productive. Whether you have a small home orchard or one old tree that feeds the deer, this workshop will teach you the basic pruning techniques needed to keep your trees alive – and bearing fruit.
Prior registration is required by Wed., March 17, for this class as space is limited. Dress appropriately for the weather and please bring any pruning tools you may have (pruners, loppers, handsaw). A limited number of additional tools will be available. In the event of cancellation for really bad weather, they will get in touch by email by 8 a.m., the day of the workshop. There is a fee: $15/individual; $25/2 members of one household (plus $1 online payment processing fee).
To register, go to Knox-Lincoln SWCD’s website: https://www.knox-lincoln.org/events-workshops. For more information, please call 596-2040 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Responsible journalism is hard work!
It is also expensive!
If you enjoy reading The Town Line and the good news we bring you each week, would you consider a donation to help us continue the work we’re doing?
The Town Line is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit private foundation, and all donations are tax deductible under the Internal Revenue Service code.
To help, please visit our online donation page or mail a check payable to The Town Line, PO Box 89, South China, ME 04358. Your contribution is appreciated!
- Victor Grange to host drive-thru supper
- Children’s book author Jeanine Deas to hold book signing
- Soup & Biscuit fundraiser coming to Winslow Congregational Church
- Town of Vassalboro 250th Anniversary Commemoration
- Vidalia onions returning as Palermo community center fundraiser
- Winslow Public Library re-opening to public April 1, 2021
- Unity VFD to host bake sale
- Central Church to host free egg hunt kits give-away
- China youth baseball, softball, T-ball registrations being taken
- Women’s Equal Pay Day to be held March 24, 2021