On Friday, October 26, Waldo County Sheriff Jeff Trafton will speak at the Palermo Community Center about protecting your household from scams and fraud as the number of scam phone calls reaches epidemic proportions. AARP has estimated that by the end of next year, almost half of all cell phone calls will be scam calls.
Sheriff Trafton, is an ex-Marine and retired Maine State Police Lieutenant with 21 years of experience, not counting another stint as Belfast Chief of Police and a term as County Sheriff. In his spare time, Sheriff Trafton works with Aging Well, in Waldo County, as its Outreach Director. His experience in working against senior scams and elder abuse makes him a valuable resource for the more vulnerable sectors of our population.
Sheriff Trafton will speak and answer questions following a potluck supper at 6 p.m. on October 26 at the Palermo Community Center, just off Turner Ridge Rd. at Veterans Way. All are welcome – just bring a favorite dish to share with friends and neighbors. There is no charge, though donations are gratefully accepted. For additional directions or other questions, please call Connie Bellet at 993-2294.
Responsible journalism is hard work!
It is also expensive!
If you enjoy reading The Town Line and the good news we bring you each week, would you consider a donation to help us continue the work we’re doing?
The Town Line is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit private foundation, and all donations are tax deductible under the Internal Revenue Service code.
To help, please visit our online donation page or mail a check payable to The Town Line, PO Box 89, South China, ME 04358. Your contribution is appreciated!
- Local libraries begin to re-open with limitations
- Palermo Community Library annual meeting going virtual
- Palermo student salutatorian for online school graduation ceremony
- Palermo woman elected to board of trustees at library
- Volunteers sought for Palermo community garden
- Thunder Chicken drums slated in Palermo
- Karen Hatch: Queen of the Swap Shop
- 2019 State champion
- Sheepscot chorus to perform in Boothbay Harbor
- Palermo Community Center in search of seed money to upgrade community garden