Evelyn LaCroix, 11, of Skowhegan, was invited to sing the national anthem, on October 7, at the bridge dedication in honor of Somerset County deputy sheriff Cpl. Eugene Cole, pictured, who was tragically killed in the line of duty. With Evelyn are Pastor Deputy Kevin Brooks, left, and Somerset County Sheriff Dale P. Lancaster.
Responsible journalism is hard work!
It is also expensive!
If you enjoy reading The Town Line and the good news we bring you each week, would you consider a donation to help us continue the work we’re doing?
The Town Line is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit private foundation, and all donations are tax deductible under the Internal Revenue Service code.
To help, please visit our online donation page or mail a check payable to The Town Line, PO Box 89, South China, ME 04358. Your contribution is appreciated!
- Class breakfast canceled
- Margaret Chase Smith essay contest announced
- Skowhegan Savings Bank welcomes two new employees
- Eunice Farnsworth-Ruth Heald Cragin Chapter DAR
- Curtis Dalton achieves rank of Eagle Scout
- The Vietnam War: I was there
- Skowhegan’s annual trunk or treat
- Adam Folsom soars to the rank of Eagle Scout
- Area teams take part in Battle for Breast Cancer field hockey tourney
- Memorial Day parades 2019