Skowhegan American Legion Post #16, will hold two events during the month of September.
September 11, 2021
Luck of Draw Auction
Located at American Legion Post #16
on Route 201, in Skowhegan
Doors open at 9 a.m., drawings starts at noon.
Money raised will be used for charities the Auxiliary donates to all year long. Some of these include, but are not limited to: Togus VA Center, Annual High School Scholarship, Songs of Love Foundation, Hospice Volunteers of Somerset County, Local Food Cupboards, and direct assistance to veterans and citizens in our community.
September 18 and 19
Stuff the Cruiser
Located at American Legion Post #16 hall, on Route 201, in Skowhegan
From 10 a.m. ‘til 3 p.m. both days. Auxiliary members will be collecting personal care, and activity items that will be distributed for free to Veterans receiving care at the Veterans Hospital, or one of the Veteran Homes.
Ideas for donations at the event:
Personal Care: Deodorant, Soap, Razors, Shampoo, Lotion, Chapstick, Tooth Brushes, Tooth Paste, Chapstick, Hair brushes/combs, lap blankets, T-shirts of all sizes, and socks.
Activity items: Word Search, Sudoku, crossword, or adult coloring books. Also colored pencils, stationary to write to family, and card games.
For more information call Ann Spaulding at 399-5602.
Responsible journalism is hard work!
It is also expensive!
If you enjoy reading The Town Line and the good news we bring you each week, would you consider a donation to help us continue the work we’re doing?
The Town Line is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit private foundation, and all donations are tax deductible under the Internal Revenue Service code.
To help, please visit our online donation page or mail a check payable to The Town Line, PO Box 89, South China, ME 04358. Your contribution is appreciated!
- EVENTS: Skowhegan class of 1963 to meet
- Legion collects for animal shelter
- Skowhegan chicken BBQ slated
- Northern Light Inland Hospital to reopen Waterville COVID-19 drive-up testing facility
- Mid-Maine Chamber, Alfond Youth & Community Center to continue festival of trees
- Ticonic Gallery and Railroad Square Cinema participate in Freedom & Captivity Project
- EVENT: Recover Out Loud in Maine’s Capital September 30
- Chamber hosts re-vamped Super Raffle dinner
- Share the Road with Carol bicycle ride set for September 19, 2021
- EVENTS: Windsor Veterans Memorial to be dedicated on Saturday, September 11, 2021