The fifth annual Share the Road with Carol memorial bike ride will take place on Sunday, September 19. Share the Road with Carol is an all ages commemorative bike ride planned for Sunday, September 19, 2021, in Windsor and Whitefield. The ride, which has 12-mile and 27-mile options, starts and ends at the Windsor Town Office.
This annual ride honors the memory of Carol Eckert, M.D. Carol was tragically killed as a result of a bike accident that occurred in Windsor, on October 10, 2016. Biking was Carol’s passion and everyone is invited who feels the same to join in remembrance of a life well pedaled and to further the cause of bicycle safety in Maine.
The registration fee is $20 for adults, and $10 any person under 15 years of age accompanied by a parent or guardian. Register online (https://www.BikeReg.com/share-the-road-with-carol) or at the event from 7:30 – 8:30 a.m. (pre-registration is encouraged). Ride organizers will be following any Covid-19 safety precautions that are still required or recommended by the Maine CDC at that point and participants are asked to wear face coverings inside the Windsor Town Office.
There will be one rest stop on the 27-mile ride. Please join us after the ride at the Windsor Town Hall for fellowship, remembrances and light snacks.
Whether you knew Carol or not, this ride is a wonderful opportunity to explore the lovely rolling hills along the border of the Kennebec and Lincoln counties.
Like us on Facebook! https://www.facebook.com/groups/CarolsRide
Responsible journalism is hard work!
It is also expensive!
If you enjoy reading The Town Line and the good news we bring you each week, would you consider a donation to help us continue the work we’re doing?
The Town Line is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit private foundation, and all donations are tax deductible under the Internal Revenue Service code.
To help, please visit our online donation page or mail a check payable to The Town Line, PO Box 89, South China, ME 04358. Your contribution is appreciated!
- EVENTS: Windsor Veterans Memorial to be dedicated on Saturday, September 11, 2021
- Glen Campbell Alzheimer’s concert planned in Windsor
- China to hold WindowDressers workshop this fall
- Maine Fiber FUSION set for June 5-6, 2021
- 2021 Listing of Memorial Day Services
- Common Ground Country Fair to be held on-line
- WINDSOR: Share the Road with Carol update
- Share the Road ride slated
- Northern Light Inland Hospital to reopen Waterville COVID-19 drive-up testing facility
- Mid-Maine Chamber, Alfond Youth & Community Center to continue festival of trees