The Fairfield Town Council will hold a Public Hearing in the Council Chambers, at the Community Center, at 61 Water Street, on Wednesday, August 12, 2020, at 6:30 p.m., for the purpose of hearing public comments on the following matter:
To hear from the public on a request from SAPPI North America, Inc. – Somerset Plant for a renewal to operate a solid waste facility on company owned land off Route 201, in the Town of Fairfield.
Copies are available at the Town Office. All interested persons are invited to attend the public hearings and will be given an opportunity to be heard at that time.
Signed: Christine Keller,
Responsible journalism is hard work!
It is also expensive!
If you enjoy reading The Town Line and the good news we bring you each week, would you consider a donation to help us continue the work we’re doing?
The Town Line is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit private foundation, and all donations are tax deductible under the Internal Revenue Service code.
To help, please visit our online donation page or mail a check payable to The Town Line, PO Box 89, South China, ME 04358. Your contribution is appreciated!
- Local municipal offices set to re-open
- Fairfield postpones meetings, pushes back budget hearing, closes public buildings
- March 3, 2020 election results for Vassalboro & Fairfield
- Local Town Meetings Schedule 2020
- Area roads not affected by questionable pavement sealant
- Unofficial returns for MSAD #49 school budget validation and referendum process
- June 2019 local election results (China, Vassalboro, Fairfield, Benton)
- Fairfield announces facade improvement plan
- Storm damage in Fairfield
- Albion youth attains Eagle Scout status