Officials for the Town of Vassalboro are pleased to announce that they have been awarded a Safety Enhancement Grant by the Maine Municipal Association Workers Compensation Fund in the amount of $1,512.77.
The Ed MacDonald Safety Enhancement Grants and Scholarship Grants provide financial assistance to members of the MMA Workers Compensation Fund to purchase safety equipment or services to assist in reducing the frequency and severity of workplace injuries. The grant programs are designed to prevent injuries and improve workplace safety our Maine employees. The reduction in employee injuries also benefits the taxpayers by lessening lost hours at work, cost of claims and potential overtime expenses for employees who might have to fill in for injured co-workers.
The Maine Municipal Association has been awarding Safety Grants to members of the Workers’ Compensation fund since 1999. The Ed MacDonald Safety Enhancement Grants and Scholarships are an example of a successful partnership that has been preventing workplace injuries by bestowing more than $5 million in the funding of 3,938 Safety Enhancement Grants and 489 Scholarship Grants. Together we are building safe communities.
For more information about Maine Municipal Association Risk Management Service programs, including Safety Enhancement Grant eligibility and applications, please visit www.memun.org and click on the Risk Management Services link, or call 1-800-590- 5583.
Responsible journalism is hard work!
It is also expensive!
If you enjoy reading The Town Line and the good news we bring you each week, would you consider a donation to help us continue the work we’re doing?
The Town Line is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit private foundation, and all donations are tax deductible under the Internal Revenue Service code.
To help, please visit our online donation page or mail a check payable to The Town Line, PO Box 89, South China, ME 04358. Your contribution is appreciated!
- Vassalboro selectmen approve purchase of two compactors
- Vasssalboro planners approve three applications
- 2021-’22 Real Estate Tax Due Dates
- Vassalboro voters to decide mass gathering ordinance
- VASSALBORO: Despite parents’ objection, board votes to require face masks indoors by a split vote
- Vassalboro selectmen put tax rate at 14.48 mil
- Webber Pond Association elects new president, vice president; votes down membership restrictions
- Vassalboro planners approve dam removal; extend permit for solar work
- Vassalboro selectmen’s meeting rescheduled
- Mr. E is moving on!