At a very brief – less than five minutes – virtual special meeting, Vassalboro School Board members approved an amendment to the interlocal agreement among the former members of Alternative Organizational Structure (AOS) #92.
The effect of the change is to make Paula Pooler, former AOS finance officer, the financial director for the Vassalboro school system.
Amanda Dunn, who had been Vassalboro’s finance director, will take the same position for Winslow. Vassalboro Superintendent Alan Pfeiffer said Winslow Superintendent Peter Thiboutot was presenting a parallel motion to the Winslow School Board.
The change is probably the first of several, as Vassalboro, Waterville and Winslow school officials review the three-year interlocal agreement that succeeded the AOS, dissolved by voters in the spring of 2018.
The goal, Pfeiffer says, is to determine which sharing arrangements work well and to revise those that should be improved.
The next regular Vassalboro School Board meeting is scheduled for Tuesday evening, Aug. 18.
Responsible journalism is hard work!
It is also expensive!
If you enjoy reading The Town Line and the good news we bring you each week, would you consider a donation to help us continue the work we’re doing?
The Town Line is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit private foundation, and all donations are tax deductible under the Internal Revenue Service code.
To help, please visit our online donation page or mail a check payable to The Town Line, PO Box 89, South China, ME 04358. Your contribution is appreciated!
- VASSALBORO: Two annual activities successful despite disruptions
- Vassalboro Community School honor roll
- STUDENT WRITERS – Examining “The Social Dilemma”: The real impact on young people
- STUDENT WRITERS: So what? The real impact on young people
- Vassalboro school closed for two weeks
- PHOTO: Soccer underway
- School year 2020: Difficult choices for parents
- Vassalboro Capitol Hill Challenge team places third in nation
- Vassalboro school board makes five decisions at meeting
- Vassalboro school officials not sure what fall return will mean