The Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) announced today $83.27 million in direct assistance grants to 364 fire departments nationwide through the agency’s Fiscal Year (FY) 2018 Assistance to Firefighters Grant (AFG) program. Additional phases will soon be announced.
The Waterville Fire Department will receive $370,415 from FEMA for an Assistance to Firefighters Grant (AFG). This is a regional grant to purchase nine cardiac monitors to be used by the fire departments in Albion, Clinton, Fairfield, Waterville and Winslow.
This grant is funded through FEMA’s Assistance to Firefighters Grant (AFG) program. Eligible applicants include local fire departments, fire districts, nonaffiliated EMS organizations, tribal fire departments and State Fire Training Academies. The grant applications are submitted from each agency directly to FEMA, where the applications are reviewed and scored by fire service personnel from throughout the nation.
FEMA obligates funding for this project directly to the recipient agencies. It is the recipient agency’s responsibility to manage their grant award within federal guidelines with technical assistance and monitoring provided by FEMA Fire Program Specialists.
Additional information about FEMA’s Assistance to Firefighters grant program(s) may be found at https://www.fema.gov/firegrants.
Responsible journalism is hard work!
It is also expensive!
If you enjoy reading The Town Line and the good news we bring you each week, would you consider a donation to help us continue the work we’re doing?
The Town Line is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit private foundation, and all donations are tax deductible under the Internal Revenue Service code.
To help, please visit our online donation page or mail a check payable to The Town Line, PO Box 89, South China, ME 04358. Your contribution is appreciated!
- 2021-’22 Real Estate Tax Due Dates
- New round of façade and building improvement grants in Waterville
- Waterville Creates to receive 2021 Excellence in Arts Advocacy award
- Gagne digital branch manager at New Dimensions FCU
- 2020-’21 Real Estate Tax Due Dates
- Construction updates for downtown Waterville
- Local municipal offices set to re-open
- WATERVILLE: Main Street construction update
- Water works planned for downtown Waterville
- Sacred Heart church, rectory, office building on the sale block