At the January 25 meeting of the Whitefield Lions, club president Cindy Lincoln was presented with the Membership Key Award and the Silver Centennial Award for Membership.
Both awards are given for inviting and sponsoring new members into the club.
At the January 28 Cabinet meeting, Lion Cindy Lincoln accepted the 1016-2017 Excellence Award on behalf of the Whitefield Lions club. Lincoln, has served as president of the Whitefield Lions club for two of her nine years in the club.
She said of the award, “I am super proud and honored to be part of such a dedicated organization who cares about the needs of others. Its like our motto says, ‘Where there is a need, there is a lion.’ ”
The award is given to clubs that excel in community service, membership growth, communication and organization
The Whitefield Lions Club was one of 15 clubs in the state to receive the award.
Responsible journalism is hard work!
It is also expensive!
If you enjoy reading The Town Line and the good news we bring you each week, would you consider a donation to help us continue the work we’re doing?
The Town Line is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit private foundation, and all donations are tax deductible under the Internal Revenue Service code.
To help, please visit our online donation page or mail a check payable to The Town Line, PO Box 89, South China, ME 04358. Your contribution is appreciated!
- Roxanne Malley inducted as Lion
- Induction ceremony held for Erskine Leos
- Whitefield Lions announce peace poster contest winners
- Erskine Leos raise money for Camp Sunshine
- Nutrient management for high tunnels to be presented
- Roper presented with service award
- Michelle Boyer inducted in Whitefield Lions
- Two Lions cited for service
- Two local World War II Navy veterans remember
- Whitefield Local Lions award six scholarships to local students