Joshua Veilleux, of Winslow, will play Elomire in the Dean College production of La Bete, beginning Thursday, February 20 through Sunday, February 23, 2020, in Franklin, Massachusetts.
“La Bete,” translates as “the beast” or “the fool” in French, and this comedy — inspired by French playwright Moliere — centers on the dueling temperaments within a court theatre troupe and its royal patrons. Set in 17th century France, our story is told in rhymed iambic pentameter and presents the overbearing actor and manager Elomire pitted against the wild and irreverent street performer Valere. Winner of a Drama Desk Award and the 1992 Olivier Award for best comedy of the year, La Bete was a critical and commercial success in London’s West End and has been a popular choice of theatre groups for years. Described as a “rocky ride”, this inventive and remarkably funny play makes it seem as if Moliere had returned to the present day.
The Dean College production will take place in the Main Stage in the Campus Center at Dean College, 109 West Central St.,at 7:30 p.m. Thursday through Saturday and at 2 p.m. Saturday and Sunday.
For more information, visit dean.edu.
Responsible journalism is hard work!
It is also expensive!
If you enjoy reading The Town Line and the good news we bring you each week, would you consider a donation to help us continue the work we’re doing?
The Town Line is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit private foundation, and all donations are tax deductible under the Internal Revenue Service code.
To help, please visit our online donation page or mail a check payable to The Town Line, PO Box 89, South China, ME 04358. Your contribution is appreciated!
- PHOTO: 2021 Winslow Minors baseball team
- PHOTO: Winslow Majors softball team
- PHOTOS: Winslow youth baseball, softball gear up for season
- Temple Academy Outreach Team doing great things within our community
- PHOTOS: Fall 2020 Winslow travel soccer teams
- PHOTO: Waterville-Winslow football action
- Congratulations to area graduates — Class of 2020
- Winslow High School announces Class of 2020 top 10 seniors
- It’s graduation season for area high schools
- Local students on dean’s list at Dean College for Fall 2019