Several volunteers recently answered the call “We need help” that appeared in the local newspaper recently. Weed whackers, leaf blowers and sweepers joined in to help clean up the large Park.
The Central Maine Veterans Memorial Park was in dire need of general cleanup of weeds, rocks and other flowering plants that have grown through the granite stones of the Park.
Volunteers and donors are needed to continue as funds have dwindled over the past few years. Anyone interested can call Karen Loftus and Patti Libby at Winslow Supply Company, 567 Benton Avenue at (207) 873-5608.
Responsible journalism is hard work!
It is also expensive!
If you enjoy reading The Town Line and the good news we bring you each week, would you consider a donation to help us continue the work we’re doing?
The Town Line is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit private foundation, and all donations are tax deductible under the Internal Revenue Service code.
To help, please visit our online donation page or mail a check payable to The Town Line, PO Box 89, South China, ME 04358. Your contribution is appreciated!
- Winslow town manager to hold coffee and conversation
- New child care center opens in Winslow
- Winslow Community Cupboard Food Pantry seeks new donations
- Blessing of the Animals set for October 2-4
- Delightful “All Things Blueberry” Festival promises loads of family fun
- PHOTO: New brown belts
- Winslow Community Cupboard to benefit from Hannaford shopping bag promotion
- Youngest female to achieve black belt at Huard’s Martial Arts Dojo
- EVENTS: Summer reading program for children & teens coming from Winslow Public Library
- PHOTOS: Winslow youth baseball, softball gear up for season