It’s official! Ice is finally out on China Lake, following what seemed an endless winter. The Town Line’s judge ruled ice went out on the lake on Monday, April 23, 2018. With her dead-on correct guess of April 23, Maggie Hanigan, of North Vassalboro, is the winner of the 2018 ice out contest.
Responsible journalism is hard work!
It is also expensive!
If you enjoy reading The Town Line and the good news we bring you each week, would you consider a donation to help us continue the work we’re doing?
The Town Line is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit private foundation, and all donations are tax deductible under the Internal Revenue Service code.
To help, please visit our online donation page or mail a check payable to The Town Line, PO Box 89, South China, ME 04358. Your contribution is appreciated!
- China budget committee approves three spending measures to be on Nov. 6 ballot
- Three arrested in China car burglaries
- TIF committee continues discussion on purchase of Bailey property
- Three selectmen attend workshop with town manager
- Getting to know the China town manager
- New causeway bridge gets all local permits
- Selectmen set tax rate at 15.8 mils, down by 0.1 mils
- Report from the transfer station
- Planners approve town’s first medical marijuana storefront
- China Lake Association holds annual meeting