Photos and text by Ron Emery, Assistant Scoutmaster
On Saturday, June 29, Troop #479 honored an Eagle Scout at a Court of Honor held for China resident Misha Littlefield, at the China Baptist Church. Family, friends and Scouts attended the ceremony marking the advancement of this young man to the highest rank in Boy Scouts.
Misha joins a group of Eagle Scouts who have completed community service projects with the help of fellow Scouts and other volunteers. Each Eagle candidate must plan and supervise an Eagle service project to demonstrate his capacity and willingness to exert his leadership ability in activities that are constructive and worthwhile in his community.
Misha’s project benefited the community by building shelves at the China Food Pantry for the monthly delivery of USDA Federal goods. They did not have room to store the monthly delivery in a convenient location to stock food boxes. This Eagle Service project led by Misha Littlefield was greatly needed, according to Ann Austin, at the China Food Pantry.
Misha recognized all those who helped him to reach the Eagle Rank. Misha is the son of Rodney and Julie, of China, and is working at Lowe’s, in Augusta, and running his own business while working toward becoming an EMT.
Responsible journalism is hard work!
It is also expensive!
If you enjoy reading The Town Line and the good news we bring you each week, would you consider a donation to help us continue the work we’re doing?
The Town Line is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit private foundation, and all donations are tax deductible under the Internal Revenue Service code.
To help, please visit our online donation page or mail a check payable to The Town Line, PO Box 89, South China, ME 04358. Your contribution is appreciated!
- Author and registered Maine Guide to speak at the Albert Church Brown Memorial Library
- After 200 years, alewives set to return to China Lake
- LAKESMART: Geoff and Patricia Hargadon
- Litter pick up groups out Friday, August 10 in China
- LAKESMART: Jeanne Marquis and dad, Carl J. Stenholm
- China Town Office to have new hours beginning in the fall
- Alex Stewart builds shelter at Lincoln School in Augusta
- Rémy Pettengill’s project benefits homeless veterans living at VA
- At Full Fork Farm, it’s full circle farming, regenerating the land
- Winners of 2019 China Lake Association post contest