Brian Zemrak, of Winslow, writer and director of an animated movie called Bongee Bear and the Kingdom of Rhythm, will have its world premiere at the Maine International Film Festival on Saturday, July 13, at 12:30 p.m., at the Railroad Square Cinema, in Waterville. There will also be a second showing on Sunday, July 14, at 12:30 p.m., at the Waterville Opera House, as part of the film festival.
The film started as a bedtime story he made up to tell his daughters and now is a full length feature animated movie starring the voice talents of the late Dom DeLuise, Ruth Buzzi (Laugh-In), Danica McKellar (The Wonder Years, West Wing), June Lockhart (Lost In Space), Rob Paulsen (Animanica’s), Debi DerryBerry (Jimmy Neutron), Bill Farmer (the voice of Disney’s Goofy) and many others. He wrote several songs for the musical film which are sung by Tony nominees Liz Callaway and Ann Hampton Callaway, as well as Telly Leung, who starred as Aladdin for two years on Broadway, in Disney’s Aladdin.
The project has taken over 14 years to complete, with the voice-overs recorded back in 2005, and one of his daughters is the composer of the score for the film! Truly a labor of love.
Responsible journalism is hard work!
It is also expensive!
If you enjoy reading The Town Line and the good news we bring you each week, would you consider a donation to help us continue the work we’re doing?
The Town Line is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit private foundation, and all donations are tax deductible under the Internal Revenue Service code.
To help, please visit our online donation page or mail a check payable to The Town Line, PO Box 89, South China, ME 04358. Your contribution is appreciated!
- New pastor at First Baptist Church, in Waterville
- Alyssa Wood earns a BA degree from Wesleyan University
- Lead drills at football clinic
- 2019 Winslow Boys and Girls State delegates
- Enjoying football/cheerleading dance
- Fortier presented with Scout Citizen Award
- Winslow schools autism program still productive after 13 years
- Double winner
- Kathleen McCowan performed in Muhlenberg College’s fall dance showcase “Moving Stories”
- Winslow girl receives national award from HGHW