Memorial Day Services
No parade. Memorial service, 9 a.m., in front of Albion Christian Church at the monument.
Memorial service, 10 a.m., on the top of the hill in the cemetery. Return to China Baptist Church for another memorial service, following the cemetery service.
No Memorial Day parade. Tardiff-Belanger American Legion Post #39 observances as follows:
9 a.m., at Starks Town Office.
9:30 a.m., Anson Town Office, followed by scattering of flowers off the bridge.
10 a.m., Madison Library.
10:30 a.m., at the U.S./Canada Monument at Forest Hills Cemetery.
11 a.m., East Madison, Joseph Quirion Monument.
The South China American Legion Boynton-Webber Post #179 will conduct a short flower-placing ceremony at the Windsor Veterans Memorial on Rte. 32 in front of the Windsor Christian Fellowship Church at 9 a.m.
A second ceremony will take place at 11 a.m. in South China at the Veterans Memorial Park at the intersection of Old Windsor Road and Village Street.
There will be no parade this year.
Memorial ceremony, 9 a.m.
Responsible journalism is hard work!
It is also expensive!
If you enjoy reading The Town Line and the good news we bring you each week, would you consider a donation to help us continue the work we’re doing?
The Town Line is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit private foundation, and all donations are tax deductible under the Internal Revenue Service code.
To help, please visit our online donation page or mail a check payable to The Town Line, PO Box 89, South China, ME 04358. Your contribution is appreciated!
- China to hold WindowDressers workshop this fall
- Up and down the Kennebec Valley: The Grange – Part 1
- 2019 Real Estate Tax Due Dates
- China Community Days set for this weekend
- 18th annual China Community Days set for Aug. 6-8, 2021
- Three Mile Pond Association president presented with appreciation award
- Lake Association Annual Meetings 2021
- China planners to hold special workshop
- China Four Seasons Club: Non-profit Spotlight
- ShineOnCass event includes education and PJ party with baby animals