The AARP Tax-Aide program provides free federal and state income tax preparation and electronic filing to low and moderate-income individuals. Returns are prepared by IRS-certified volunteers. The program is funded by the AARP Foundation, a tax-exempt charitable organization, and the IRS. Counselors will help individuals navigate the many changes on the 2016 federal and state income tax returns. You do not need to be an AARP member to use this service.
Assistance is available by appointment at the following sites from Feb 1 to April 15.
2017 AARP tax-aide volunteer sites:
AUGUSTA: BUKER COMMUNITY CENTER, 22 Armory St., Augusta. Mondays and Fridays from 8:30 a.m. to 2 p.m. Call 582-3053 from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. ONLY to make appointments.
AUGUSTA: LITHGOW LIBRARY, 45 Winthrop St., Augusta. Saturdays from 9 to noon, Feb 11, Feb 25, March 11, March 25, April 8. Call 582-3053 from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. ONLY to make appointments.
HALLOWELL: SPECTRUM GENERATIONS, COHEN COMMUNITY CENTER, 22 Town Farm Rd., Hallowell. Tuesdays and Fridays from 9 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. Call 626-7777 to make appointments. (Note: Changed from Thursday to Friday)
MADISON: CROSSROADS BIBLE CHURCH, 705 White Schoolhouse Rd., Madison. Wednesdays, Fridays and Saturdays, 8:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. Call 643-2559 to make appointments.
MT VERNON: DR. SHAW MEMORIAL LIBRARY, 344 Pond Rd., Mt. Vernon. Saturdays February 18, March 4 & 18 and April 1 from 10:15 a.m.to 1:15 p.m. Call 293-2565 to make appointments.
WATERVILLE: SPECTRUM GENERATIONS, MUSKIE COMMUNITY CENTER, 38 Gold St., Waterville. Mondays from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. and Tuesdays from 10:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. Call 248-9567 from 10:00 to 4:00 to make appointments.
WINSLOW: WINSLOW LIBRARY, 136 Halifax St., Winslow. Fridays from 10 a.m. – 4 p.m. Call 872-1978 to make appointments.
Responsible journalism is hard work!
It is also expensive!
If you enjoy reading The Town Line and the good news we bring you each week, would you consider a donation to help us continue the work we’re doing?
The Town Line is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit private foundation, and all donations are tax deductible under the Internal Revenue Service code.
To help, please visit our online donation page or mail a check payable to The Town Line, PO Box 89, South China, ME 04358. Your contribution is appreciated!
- Maine ranks first in personal freedom
- China TIF committee satisfied with proposed amended wording to document
- CHINA: Three solar projects get planners’ approval
- Debate over Windsor youth sports rages
- China town manager presents budget to selectmen
- Earned paid leave law goes into effect in Maine
- Selectmen act on preliminary review of revised marijuana ordinance
- Vassalboro planners hear intro to another solar development
- Fairfield’s façade improvement program strengthens local economic resilience
- VASSALBORO: Approved marijuana growing locale sparks proposed ordinance changes