Adrian Hoyt, of Benton, has been chosen as the 2021 Students of the Year at Kennebec Valley Community College, in Fairfield.
A recording of the presentation will be available on the MCCS YouTube channel.
Seven students statewide were selected at their respective college for their academic success and their campus and community involvement. In addition to being named Student of the Year, each student received a John and Jana Lapoint Leadership Award in the amount of $1,000. The Lapoints both served as trustees of the Maine Community College System. After John’s death in 1995, Jana Lapoint helped establish the fund for the annual awards.
“Our students are well educated and have demonstrated in many ways their commitment to their college, their communities and their families,” Lapoint said.
Responsible journalism is hard work!
It is also expensive!
If you enjoy reading The Town Line and the good news we bring you each week, would you consider a donation to help us continue the work we’re doing?
The Town Line is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit private foundation, and all donations are tax deductible under the Internal Revenue Service code.
To help, please visit our online donation page or mail a check payable to The Town Line, PO Box 89, South China, ME 04358. Your contribution is appreciated!
- School year 2020: Difficult choices for parents
- Carrabec High School 4th quarter 2021 honor roll
- Waterville 2021 Minors Central Maine Motors baseball team
- Lawrence H.S. graduates presented PAL Football award of excellence
- Jefferson’s Hailey Milliken graduates valedictorian at Maine Connection Academy
- Carrabec High School announces top 10 seniors for 2021
- Erskine cereal box challenge nets 3,544 boxes for local food pantries
- PHOTOS: Winslow youth baseball, softball gear up for season
- PHOTO: Waiting for the change
- Noah Lambert, of Fairfield, wins the 2021 Virtual Slam Dunk Contest