(NAPSI)—Asthma affects more than 24 million people in the U.S., including more than 6 million children, reports the Asthma and Allergy Foundation of America. In addition, more than 50 million Americans suffer from allergies each year.
If any of them is someone you care for, you should know those experts also say indoor air can be two to five times more polluted than outdoor air. Fortunately, you can still be breathing clean.
The air in your home circulates through the HVAC system and air ducts five to seven times a day. During the circulation process, allergens and other contaminants can settle in the air ducts and then get redistributed back into the air you and your family breathe.
By having your air ducts properly cleaned, you keep dander, pollen, mold and the like from accumulating.
Call A Professional
Not just anyone can do the job. If a duct cleaning company’s deal seems too good to be true, it probably is. That’s why savvy homeowners turn to qualified contractors who are members of the National Air Duct Cleaners Association (NADCA). They follow a higher standard and a code of ethics.
NADCA makes it really simple to find a certified air duct cleaning professional, via its online directory at www.nadca.com.
Responsible journalism is hard work!
It is also expensive!
If you enjoy reading The Town Line and the good news we bring you each week, would you consider a donation to help us continue the work we’re doing?
The Town Line is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit private foundation, and all donations are tax deductible under the Internal Revenue Service code.
To help, please visit our online donation page or mail a check payable to The Town Line, PO Box 89, South China, ME 04358. Your contribution is appreciated!
- FOR YOUR HEALTH: 3 Safe Senior Exercise Options For Summer
- FOR YOUR HEALTH: Depression Disconnect
- FOR YOUR HEALTH: New Hope for People with Alzheimer’s Disease
- FOR YOUR HEALTH: Types of home care services
- FOR YOUR HEALTH: Baby Boomers Still Playing Together Even “Party Gaming” on Zoom
- FOR YOUR HEALTH: Drug-free Ways To Deal With Morning Sickness
- FOR YOUR HEALTH: Being 55+ Has Its Advantages
- FOR YOUR HEALTH: Cataract Surgery Saves An Avid Bowler’s Vision In Record Time
- FOR YOUR HEALTH: Free Professional Help For Family Caregivers
- FOR YOUR HEALTH: 9 Scientific Secrets to Healthy Aging