American Legion Auxiliary Unit #39, Madison is once again collecting school supplies for children in our local schools (Madison MSAD #59 and Carrabec RSU #74). With all the uncertainties ahead this year, the need is even greater. Here is a list of the items needed: rulers, erasers, pencils, colored pencils, ink pens (blue, black & red), crayons, glue sticks, backpacks, pouches for binders, 1″ binders, 1 subject notebooks and college ruled filler paper.
Items can be dropped off in the collection box at the Madison American Legion Hall, 20 South Maple Street, on Wednesdays and Fridays, after 3 p.m., and on Sundays noon to 4 p.m. If you would like to send a monetary donation, make checks payable to Madison ALA, PO Box 325, Madison, ME 04950 with School Supplies in the Memo.
Founded in 1919, the American Legion Auxiliary (ALA) helps to advance the mission of The American Legion. With more than 600,000 members, the ALA is one of the nation’s most prominent supporters of veterans, military, and their families. ALA members volunteer millions of hours annually, with a value averaging $1.1 billion each year. From helping to draft the GI Bill in 1944 to advocating for veterans on Capitol Hill. The American Legion Family has been instrumental in advancing legislation that improves the quality of life for our nation’s veterans. If you would like to become a member contact Robin Turek, president, at 696-8289.
Responsible journalism is hard work!
It is also expensive!
If you enjoy reading The Town Line and the good news we bring you each week, would you consider a donation to help us continue the work we’re doing?
The Town Line is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit private foundation, and all donations are tax deductible under the Internal Revenue Service code.
To help, please visit our online donation page or mail a check payable to The Town Line, PO Box 89, South China, ME 04358. Your contribution is appreciated!
- Madison American Legion Auxiliary busy helping in the community
- Legion collecting school supplies in MSAD #59 and #74
- Carrabec biology class thanks program presenters
- Carrabec High School 4th quarter 2021 honor roll
- May 28 is National Poppy Day
- Madison Legion Auxiliary donates backpacks to needy children
- Carrabec High School announces top 10 seniors for 2021
- Auxiliary observes Military Child Month
- Madison drive-through sock hop big success
- Drive thru sock hop in Madison