On Friday, March 22, from 7 – 11 p.m., the band RIF RAFF will be amping up the music at The Mill, 934 Main St., in Vassalboro, to benefit the Gift of Hearing for Ray Poulin.
Ray lost his hearing from an incident in his youth and has searched for a solution in the decades that have past. He has traveled through life in silence never letting his hearing issues get in the way, according to friends. Technology has improved, and he recently found hearing devices that for the first time in a long time allowed him to hear sounds he was missing, even the whirl of the fan in the hearing clinic’s office. Unfortunately, Ray could not afford the expensive equipment. He is hoping to raise the $8,000 needed so he can hear again.
Tickets are $15 for singles and $20 for couples. Call 509-0569 or 509-0004 for tickets. All proceeds go to purchase hearing devices for Ray. The event is sponsored by Raymond J. Breton and The Save the Mill organization.
Responsible journalism is hard work!
It is also expensive!
If you enjoy reading The Town Line and the good news we bring you each week, would you consider a donation to help us continue the work we’re doing?
The Town Line is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit private foundation, and all donations are tax deductible under the Internal Revenue Service code.
To help, please visit our online donation page or mail a check payable to The Town Line, PO Box 89, South China, ME 04358. Your contribution is appreciated!
- Despite fewer volunteers, longer hours, local food pantries soldier on
- Community comes together for Easter egg and paper scavenger hunt in Vassalboro
- New procedures at Vassalboro Food Pantry
- Volunteer firefighters: answering the call to help neighbors
- ICE OUT 2020? Take a guess. Win a prize!
- The Vassalboro Ministry Association fundraiser set
- China/Vassalboro fifth graders help with revegetation program
- 2019-’20 Real Estate Tax Due Dates
- Vassalboro Historical Society seeks donations for storage building
- Tickets available for Vassalboro fishing derby